Sicily Italy



Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Experience Visiting Sicily


Sicily is one of the best places to visit in the summer time. The temperature can reach up to as high as 110 F and it is all dry air, no humidity. I'm going to tell you about the first day I went to Sicily. The moment my plane landed at the airport ( Falcone Borsellino), also known as Punta Raisi in Palermo, I was amazed by the beautiful mountains that surrounded me. As my father was driving me and my mother to our town in San Giuseppe Jato, we drove taking the road leading to Trapani. We drove through the country side. Everywhere I looked there was farm land that went on for miles. Farming is how some Sicilians make their money. The farms grow crops of grapes that are used for making wine, and they also grow olives, tomatoes, watermelons, fig trees, etc... Getting back to my ride from the airport going to my parents hometown... When we entered San Giuseppe Jato, I was stunned to see how diverse the town looked from my home town in New York. It looked like nothing I've ever seen. Pretty much all the houses in Italy are made of cemented stone. Some houses were built many. many years ago and are lucky to be still standing. The buildings lie close together and the streets are very narrow. On every other block you will find cafe's and pizzerias. They also have many small boutiques that sell clothes. shoes, and other necessities.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sicily - Agrigento Caltanissetta Catania Enna Messina Palermo Ragusa Syracuse (Siracusa) Trapani Italy - L'Aquila Potenza Catanzaro Naples Bologna Trieste Rome Genoa Milan Ancona Campobasso Turin Bari Cagliari Aosta Florence Perugia Trento Venice
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!